Friday, April 17, 2009

Childproof Insanity

It seems that once we get one area of our home childproofed, Carter finds something else to get into right when we think we've outsmarted him. Frankly, I'm tired of it. It's not funny anymore. We've already had to practically tear down our entire living room and turn it into Carter's play room. Now, the few things that we have left down there that are ours, he's trying to destroy, or break. Welcome to having a toddler, right? Ugh! The piece of furniture he's most interested in playing with is the television. To keep him away from it, Ken mounted it on the wall. Now he likes to stand on the couch and reach to touch the buttons! We moved our couch last night and rearranged the living room ONCE AGAIN. This morning, he found a way to get at it! I can't believe him. It's like he's trying to get attention. To make matters worse, I'm coming down with yet ANOTHER cold - so I really don't have the energy to deal with all this today. Why is it that once you have kids you can pretty much bet on being sick at least once a month - in my case, twice. I'm tired of being sick. I don't know what it's like to feel normal anymore. Lol. I always either have a cold or have some sort of ache or pain. I guess this is called getting old. Maybe the warmer weather this weekend will lift my spirits. God knows I need something to put a smile on my face.

Here's a fitting video for today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUeLrbxjq5Q

Til tomorrow. . . . signing off.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why your living room was so roomy! lol Marissa is constantly messing with the television as well, we won't even talk about the remote control if she gets her hands on it. I agree the child proofing is never ending, it's unreal, I had no idea how much they could get into and am amazed at how they figure out how to manuever things to get to what they want, amazing I tell ya!! She was using of her toys to climb into her playard, I couldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete