Thursday, July 2, 2009

Random Thoughts

I love living in Olmsted Falls! It's like the country out here. I love seeing all the geese, ducks, squirrels and sometimes toads on a daily basis. They are so friendly too! The birds out here are fearless. I tried to feed them some bread a few weeks back, but I don't think they noticed it out there in the grass. The squirrels are another story. I saw one today close to my front door looking for food, so I ran to my cupboard and got some peanuts out. I tossed a handful out the door and watched as he pigged out on the feast I provided. It was too cute! I've always loved animals. There are also a few stray cats that roam about and one even sat outside on our lawn chairs and peered inside our living room window at Kitty. He was freaking out! It was like a stare-down. Too funny.
On a more serious note, all these celebrity deaths recently have me blown away! It seems like everyday in the news another one bit the dust. Okay, that's a bad term, but I couldn't resist. All the stories making headlines have me even thinking about death in my subconscious. The other night I had a horrible nightmare that my daughter Danielle was dying. It was such a terrible dream. I pretty much had her in my arms all day long the following day. I couldn't put her down. I just can't imagine anything happening to my kids, nor do I want to. I don't think I'd want to go on living if I ever lost them.
Okay, that's about all I got for right now. I've been baking up a storm over here in preparation for the holiday weekend. I'm heading to Columbus with Ken and the kids to visit my sister and her family. She's having a party and I'm sure it's going to be a blast! I can't wait. Ken has yet to see my sister's newly adopted son David. The last time he was in Columbus was Thanksgiving of last year! Yikes! Time sure does fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment