Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How am I going to make it through this stage?

Toddlerhood is NOT a fun stage at all, especially when you are the parent of a willful and stubborn 19 month old. I was managing so well with caring for 2 children under 2 years of age until now. Carter has given new meaning to the term "Terrible Two's". We are just now entering this stage of his development and I'm already worn out. I feel beaten down, at a loss, depressed and on the verge of tears at least once a day. It's so hard! I get so frustrated telling him no over and over again only to have him do the exact same thing 10 minutes later. I give him time outs. I've swatted him on the bottom. I've told him no calmly. I've raised my voice to let him know I mean business. Nothing is working. I'm ready to call Super Nanny and plead for her help. Ken is equally frustrated with his behavior. Last night he went online to look for books on discipline for toddlers. Something has to work. Don't get me wrong, I love my son with all my heart and he has many wonderful and endearing qualities. I just wish I saw more of that and less of the constant disobediece. It's disheartening. I mean, sometimes I feel like a failure as a mother. I ask myself where I might have went wrong. Is he spoiled? Why is he doing this? Does he want more attention? Is he bored? What can I do to help? This is such an unbelievably difficult process. I just hope we can somehow get through to him, and soon. I don't know how much more of this I can take.


Songs of the Moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_7IDZHHzM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2zyeVRcbs

No comments:

Post a Comment