Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recipe of The Day: Sloppy Joe Sandwiches



It's been awhile since I tried a new recipe, and I found a really good one for all my readers. It's simple too! We always have ground beef on hand in our freezer, but I get tired of making the same recipes with it - tacos or meatloaf. I wanted to try something different, so I scoured my cookbooks and found this Sloppy Joe recipe. The last time I had Sloppy Joe's was last summer when Ken, Carter and I were visiting my Dad & Lynn in Concord. Lynn makes her own variation of the traditional recipe and it is really yummy. Since I only have the ingredients listed in the recipe on hand today, I will make it according to the directions and see how it turns out.

20 minutes later. . . . .

Awesome!!! I love it! It has to simmer for 30 minutes, but I sneaked a taste and it is delicious. I think Carter will like it too. Here is the recipe:


Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
1 pound ground beef
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 hamburger buns, split
In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment