Monday, May 4, 2009

Columbus Trip

Carter, Danielle and I went on a trip to Columbus last Friday to visit my sister Cathy and her family. It was the first time we had met David, her newly adopted son. Carter enjoyed playing with him very much!!! It was fun watching them interact. Here are a few pictures of David and Carter during the first moments they saw each other. Carter LOVES toast, and immediately showed David how to make this special treat. :-) Too cute!
After we got settled in, we took the kids over to the park to burn off some energy. Since Carter was still a bit tired from the long drive, he didn't have much energy to burn off! In fact, he almost fell asleep in the swing!


Ethan LOVED swinging and was the most photogenic of the bunch! I couldn't get enough great pictures of him. He was having such a good time.




This was Danielle's first ride in the swing. She seemed to enjoy it. I'm sure I'll have her in the swing a lot more since we have a playground in our condominium development in Olmsted Falls. We're also looking forward to seeing how she likes the pool! I can't wait!




Here's a great picture of the two of my kids. Carter looks completely bored! Lol. Oh well - he'll enjoy it more when he's more awake.



Sammy, my sister's furry feline friend, gets the royal treatment. Here she is waiting for her filet mignon at the dinner table.



Carter always loves whatever my sister prepares for meals. He gets treated like a big boy at his Aunt Cathy's. Here he is using his first straw cup. He did well with it and actually didn't play with it, which he usually does at home. We bought some of these cups later in the week for him. Can't say that he's been using them correctly ALL of the time. He likes to take a sip and then let the water dribble down his mouth. :-( This does not make me happy and I usually take it away and give him back his old sippy cup. Oh well. He must just be on his best behavior for his Aunt Cathy.




Danielle was WAY overtired. She didn't nap much on Saturday, so by the time 7:30 p.m. rolled around - she was a complete bear. She started crying while I was giving Carter a bath. My sister rocked her to sleep in her arms. She is so good with kids and never ceases to amaze me. I was so grateful she was able to calm her down. It made my night a lot easier. Danielle slept through the night!!! She woke up at 5 a.m. Carter also slept great in the pack n' play. He's getting so big, so I wasn't sure how he'd do in there. Thankfully, it was a peaceful night.




Sunday we took Carter and Lauren outside to play for a bit. Carter wasn't too interested in the sidewalk chalk, but more so in the lawnmower! He wouldn't let go of that thing. It was cute watching him play - except when he tried to take it out in the middle of the street!



I diverted his attention to playing in the grass for a bit. He got his first taste of mulch and even tried to eat a rock. How fun!!! Lol.



It was a fun trip. I'm so glad we made it out there. David was such a sweetheart and we were so happy to meet him! We're looking forward to our next trip out to Columbus to visit.











No comments:

Post a Comment